Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Long time, no update!

Hello everyone,
I apologize for the time between updates and much has occurred, however I have been to busy to update the site! This is absolutely a good and bad thing. I have been back and forth to Europe several times for various singing adventures and most recently gave a concert featuring the 4 Hymns of Vaughan Williams. I have now posted all 4 of these to my website, such that everyone can hear my latest efforts.

After much work in Europe, I have decided to work towards a Fest contract in a large German house. I was advised that this is certainly a possibility for me provided I work on my German (they will test you in various houses on German proficiency after 6 months) and also adjust my sights on what I may and may not want to sing. It appears that I would be able to get immediate full time work as a Mozartian singer, however as I have mentioned many times, I would prefer to not have to go that route. It seems to me (based on my experiences) that role experience is at a premium for getting contracts at larger houses. I am debating the value of taking roles with lesser companies in the US in an attempt to build my resume so I can jump right into more prestigious contracts. At the same time, that means cutting short any available time I have in the US for extra projects (like recitals and concert work). I promise to write again soon and share some of what I learned from Charlie Hamilton (a sage of a man) and more from various adventures I have lived.

In good health,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment